First Name: Ehssan
Position: Assistant Professor -Researcher
Institute / University / Company: Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Tehran.
Research Unit: Pesticides in the Environement
Address (city, state): Karaj
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
- pesticide fate and biodegradation
- isolation of degrading-strains
- pesticides-microbe interactions
- microbial community analysis
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest: Pesticides
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest: Bacteria
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest: Agriculture
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: YES
If yes, please tell us more about the courses (University, course level,website,etc): Ph.D. course in ecotoxicology of pesticides
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5): T
- Torabi, E., Wiegert, C., Guyot, B., Vuilleumier, S., and Imfeld, G. (2020). Dissipation of butachlor and S-metolachlor in agricultural soils and responses of bacterial communities: insights from compound-specific isotope and biomolecular analyses. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 92: 163-175.
- Torabi. E., Talebi. Kh., Pourbabaei, A.A., and Ahmadzadeh. M. (2017). Diazinon dissipation in pesticide contaminated paddy soil: kinetic modeling and isolation of a degrading mixed bacterial culture. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24(4): 4117–4133.
- Pourbabaee, A.A., Soleymani, S., Farahbakhsh, M., and Torabi, E. (2018). Biodegradation of diazinon by the Stenotrophomonas maltophilia PS: pesticide dissipation kinetics and breakdown characterization using FTIR. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 15(5): 1073-1084.
- Pourbabaee, A.A., Soleymani, A., Torabi, E., and Alizadeh, H. (2018). Degradation and detoxification of nicosulfuron by a Pseudomonas strain isolated from a contaminated cornfield soil. Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal, 27(8): 756-772.
- Pourbabaei, A. A., Khoshhal Nakhjiri, E., Torabi, E., & Farahbakhsh, M. (2020). Dissipation of butachlor by a new strain of Pseudomonas sp. isolated from paddy soils. Pollution, 6(3), 627-635.