Jobs and internships offers
Last update: 01/04//2020
- Head of Department of Marine Microbiology and Biogeochemistry – Royal Netherlands institute for Sea Research (NIOZ). Closing Date: 08/05/2020
Formal Interview Date: June 2020
- PhD Excellence scholarship. Institute of Marine Sciences-ISMER (UQAR, Rimouski, Québec). This scholarship program aims to recruit up to 10 new full-time students with diverse backgrounds who will begin their doctoral studies at ISMER in the fall 2020 or winter 2021 semester.
- PhD thesis, Relations Structure chimique-morphologie-propriétés dans les polyhydroxyalcanoates : Influence sur la biodégradabilité en milieu marin (in French) – Start: September 1, 2020 – Details: Of. re Thèse CNRS 2020_PHA
PhD thesis, biodegradation of micropollutants in groundwater aquifers – biomolecular and geochemical approaches – Research units LHyGeS and GMGM, Strasbourg (France) – Application deadline: April 31, 2020
Maître de Conférence en Microbiologie Environnementale – LCPME / Faculté de Pharmacie (Université de Lorraine, Nancy, France) – Application deadline: March 26, 2020. Details: Annonce MCF 2020 (LCPME)
- Associate Professor permanent position – Emergence of antibiotic resistance and bacterial-host interactions in the environment – University Lyon I (France) – Application deadline: March 18, 2020. Details : Poste MCU 2020_4559-1
- Post-Doctoral position in Applied Stream Ecology – Laboratory of Aquatic Insect Ecology, Universidade Vila Velha (UVV, Brazil) – Application deadline: February 29, 2020. Details: PostDoc-job_offer_final
- PhD position in Applied Stream Ecology – Laboratory of Aquatic Insect Ecology, Universidade Vila Velha (UVV, Brazil) – Application deadline: February 29, 2020. Details: PhD-job offer_final
- Assistant Ingénieur en études d’environnements géo-naturels et anthropisés (CDD 6 mois à 50%). LMGE – Université Clermont Auvergne – Clermont-Ferrand. Application deadline: February 16, 2020. Details: CDD AI LMGE 2020
- Tenure-track position (Assistant Professor) in Microbiome biotechnology. Department of Fundamental Microbiology. University of Lausanne, Switzerland. Application deadline: March 21, 2020. Details: Tenure Track
- Group Leader Position in Bioanalytics. Department of Environmental Toxicology (Utox). Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag). Dübendorf, Switzerland. Application deadline: February 29, 2020. Details: Utox_GroupLeader
- PhD Opportunity – CPOM and GHG emission dynamics from intermittent rivers and ephemeral streams: a river-network perspective. INRAE, Lyon, France. Application deadline: March 15, 2020. Details: PhD Opportunity EcoFlowS
- Post-doctoral position in meta-metabolomic, CRIOBE, Université de Perpignan, France. Contract period : two years. Start date : Ideally March 2020. Details: Post-doc Metabolomics, University of Perpignan France 24 months_1p-1
- Master 2 internship – Dynamics of microbial resistance genes during Mediterranean extreme events. CEFREM UPVD, Perpignan, France / ICRA, Girona, Spain. To apply please contact Dr. Carmen Palacios. Details: 2020_Internship_ICRA_CEFREM_2020
- PhD student in Environmental Science focusing on phytoplankton sensitivity to mixtures of chemical pollutants. Department of Environmental Science, Stockholm University, Sweden. Application deadline: January 19, 2020.
- PhD student in Environmental Science focusing on microbial biotransformation of organic contaminants. Department of Environmental Science, Stockholm University, Sweden. Application deadline: January 19, 2020.
- Post-doctoral position in bioinformatics and microbial ecotoxicology – Colonization and biodegradation of plastic by marine bacteria: from bioinformatics to functions and application – Banyuls-sur-mer, France; Application deadline: January 15, 2020. Details: Banyuls-job offer_2020
- Post-doctoral position in microbial ecotoxicology: Role of microbial interactions in mercury methylation, Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA), France. Application deadline: January 24, 2020. Details: Post-doc_MESMIC_Microbio_physiology
- Full Professor in Environmental Microbiology (with focus on terrestrial ecosystems) – Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, Innsbruck, Austria. Application deadline: January 3, 2020. Details: Full Professor Environmental Microbiology
- PhD studentship in microplastics research: The effect of microplastics on freshwater communities and ecosystems (School of Biological and Chemical Sciences at Queen Mary, UK). Application deadline: January 15, 2020.
- Ifremer (French Institute for Ocean Science) offers funding for post-doctoral research positions. This call is open to applicants of any nationality whose last research experience (Ph.D. or post-doctoral contract) has been carried out in a laboratory outside of France. Application deadline: January 17, 2020.
- Senior Environmental Risk Assessment (ERA) Scientist – Environmental Exposure Assessment. AstraZeneca (AZ). The position is envisaged to be based in the UK (Cambridge and Macclesfield or Alderley Park) ; Sweden (Gothenburg) or the US (Gaithersburg); however, other locations will be considered for the correct candidate.
- Senior lecturer (Associate Professor) in ecotoxicology, with a focus on aquatic ecotoxicology, community ecotoxicology and molecular ecotoxicology. Deadline for applying is the 18th of September. University of Gothenburg, Department of Biological and Environmental Science, Sweden.
- Postdoc in soil microbial ecology/ecotoxicology working on the project NITRIC “Looking up for novel nitrification inhibitors: new stories with old compounds”.From 01.10.2019 till 30.11.2020 (with a possible extension for further 12 months). Laboratory of Plant and Environmental Biotechnology, Larissa, Greece. Position PLANTENVLAB_NITRIC
- PhD Position in the ‘Microbial Systems’ research group of The Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- Post-Doc position in the ‘Microbial Systems’ research group of The Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- Application for an Individual Fellowship (EU MSCA program) to apply and develop innovative research focused in disruptive solutions for reducing environmental impact of plastics waste. Repsol Technology Lab, Madrid, Spain. 12/24 months. Application deadline: 15 August 2019.
Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Community Ecotoxicology, Eawag, Dübendorf Switzerland. 24 months: earliest starting date is June 2019. Application deadline: 14 April 2019
Senior Group Leader & Professor in Microbiology, Leuven VIB-KU Leuven Center for Microbiology. Application deadline: 30 April 2019
Junior Group Leader / Research Fellow in Microbiology, Leuven VIB-KU Leuven Center for Microbiology. Application deadline: 30 April 2019
- Assistant Professor – Biological Sciences – Aquatic Microbiology, Bowling Green State University. Application deadline: 01 March 2019
Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) in Environmental Microbiology, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Two PhD Positions at University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Application deadline: 21 March 2019
- Research engineer specialized in enzymology-pharmacology, Permanent position. INRA, Paris Region, France. Application deadline: 21 March 2019
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Microbiology, Permanent, Full-Time Position. University of Warwick, Coventry. Application deadline: 27 Feb 2019
- Assistant, Associate or Professor of Ecology and/or Environmental Bioscience, Permanent, Full-Time Position, University of Warwick, Coventry. Application deadline: 27 Feb 2019
- Tenure track position _ Research Chair with industrial partnerships in Aquatic Ecotoxicology research, University of Pau, France. Application deadline: March 8th, 2019
- Doctoral researcher within the scope of the project STREAMECO – Biodiversity and ecosystem functioning under climate change: from the gene to the stream. University of Minho, Braga, Portugal. Application deadline: 27 December 2018
- Postdoctoral Position in Community Ecotoxicology (3 years) – Eawag, Department of Environmental Toxicology – Dübendorf, Switzerland – Application deadline: 7 January 2019
- Senior Research and Teaching Assistant/ Advanced Postdoc –six years Aquatic Ecology and Limnology – University of Geneva, Switzerland. Preferred starting date 01 April 2019. Application deadline: 15 November 2018
Researcher in Environmental Science and Ecotoxicology (1 year) – Lund University, Sweden. Last application date: 17.Sep.2018 11:59 PM CET
Research Leaders 2025: an innovative fellowship scheme focused on developing the next generation of research leaders in the agri-food domain (Twenty fellowships of 3 years each) – Teagasc, Ireland. Deadline for receipt of Expression of interest: 1st October 2018 ; Deadline for receipt of Full Application: 20th November 2018
- Post-doc position in molecular microbial ecotoxicology ( -OMICS insights on the biodegradation of plastics) – LOMIC, Banyuls sur mer, France. Start date: October 2018
- R&D – Environmental Toxicologist – Brussels Innovation Center (m/f)
- Post-Doc position in Bioinformatics / Environmental Genomics (Department of Genetics and Evolution, University of Geneva) – Start date: September 2018
- PhD Position in aquatic biogeochemistry (Univerity of Geneva, Switzerland) – Start date: January 2019
- PhD Position “Exploration and Exploitation of microbial mats from Aquitania” (IPREM University of Pau, France) – Start date: October 2018
- PostDoc Position “Environmental risk assessment of biological fouling control along the Mediterranean coast” (MIO, Toulon, France) – Start date: September 2018
- PhD Position “Assessing the combined effects of multiple stressors (agricultural run-off and climate change) on aquatic communities” (LIEC, Université de Lorraine, France) – Start date: Septembre or October 2018
- MSc/PhD position « Ecology of Antimicrobial Resistance in Agriculture » (Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada and University of Western Ontario, London Ontario) – Start date: Immediate for the fall, or the winter term of 2018.
- Post-Doc « Ecology of antimicrobial resistance in food production systems » (Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada and University of Western Ontario, London Ontario) – Start date in the spring or summer of 2018 would be ideal.
- PhD position « Ecotoxicological impacts of rare earth elements in a freshwater food web » (UMR LIEC, Metz, France) – Closing date = April 30, 2018
- PhD position « Microorganisms and wood decontamination » (UMR IaM, Nancy, France)
- Post Doc « Characterization of methylmercury degradation by methanotrophs » (University of Michigan)
- PhD position on « Ecology and Genomics of bacterial communities » (INRA, Nancy, France) – Closing date = April 20, 2018
- Post Doc «Curative treatments of cyanobacteria: efficacy and environmental safety» (UMR ECOBIO, Rennes, France) – Closing date = April 9, 2018
- Post Doc « Identity and functioning of microbes degrading plastic in contrasting marine environments for the ERC Project Vortex » (Royal Nioz, The Netherlands) – Closing date = April 5, 2018