First Name: Farrakh
Position: Principal Scientific Officer
Institute / University / Company: Pakistan Agricultural Research Council
Research Unit: Ecotoxicology Research Program
Address (city, state): Ecotoxicology Research Program, IPEP, National Agriculture Research Centre, park road, Islamabad
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest:
- organic solvents
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest: bacteria
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest: soil & sediments
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: YES
If yes, please tell us more about the courses (University, course level,website,etc): i teach a subject of ecotoxicology where i just give a touch about microbial ecotoxicology
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5):
- Mehboob F*, Oosterkamp MJ*, Koehorst JJ, Farrakh S, Veuskens T, Plugge CM, Boeren S, de Vos W, Schraa G, Stams AJM, Schaap PJ (2016) Genome and Proteome analysis of Pseudomonas chloritidismutans AW-1T that grows on n-decane with chlorate or oxygen as electron acceptor. Environ Microbiol 18: 3247-3257.
- Ahmad N, Ahmed I, Iqbal M, Khalid N, Abbas S, Mehboob F, Ahad K (2016) Biodegradation of phenol by Stenotrophomonas sp. and Staphylococcus sp. Isolated from contaminated sites. AEER 14: 107-120.
- Ahmad Nazir, Ahmed I, Shahzad A, Khalid N, Mehboob F, Ahad K, Ali GM (2014) Molecular identification and characterization of Pseudomonas sp. NCCP-407 for phenol degradation isolated from industrial waste. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 57: 341-346.
- Mehboob F, Langenhoff A, Schraa G, Stams AJM (2013) Anaerobic degradation of lindane and other HCH isomers. In Management of Microbial Resources in the Environment. Ed. Malik A, Grohmann E, Alves M. Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht, pp 495-521.
- Mehboob F, Howard J, Schraa G, Stams AJM (2009) Growth of Pseudomonas chloritidismutans AW-1T on n-alkanes with chlorate as electron acceptor. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 83:739-747.