Institute / University / Company: The University of Birmingham
Research Unit: The School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences (GEES)
Address (city, state): Edgbaston Birmingham B15 2TT
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
- freshwater pollution assessment
- freshwater biofilm communities
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest:
- new products
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest:
I am interested in freshwater biofilm community, as a whole community. Specifically in main groups, heterotrophs (bacteria) and autotrophs (main algal groups: diatoms, cyanos and green algae).
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest: Freshwater systems
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: NO
If yes, please tell us more about the courses (University, course level,website,etc):
I have collaborate several time giving seminars about nanoparticles tocoxicity in fluvial biofilm in the water science and technology master given at the Unisersity of Girona, Catalonia (Spain)
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5):
- Guasch H, Bonet B, Bonnineau C, Barral L. 2017. Microbial biomarkers. Microbial Ecotoxicology. Eds. Cristiana Cravo-Laureau, Christine Cagnon, Béatrice Lauga, Robert Duran. Chapter 11, 251-279.
- Tuulaikhuu BA, Bonet B, Guasch H. 2016. Effects of low arsenic concentration exposure on freshwater fish in the presence of fluvial biofilms. Science of the Total Environment 544 (2016) 467–475
- Bonet B, Corcoll N, Tlili A, MorinS, GuaschH. 2014. Antioxidant enzyme activities in biofilms as biomarker of Zn pollution in a natural system: an active bio-monitoring study. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 103, 82-90.
- Bonet B, Corcoll N, Acuňa V, Sigg L, Behra R, Guasch H. 2013. Seasonal changes in antioxidant enzyme activities of freshwater biofilms in a metal polluted Mediterranean stream. Science of the Total Environment 444, 60-72
- Bonet B, Corcoll N, Guasch H. 2012. Antioxidant enzyme activities as biomarkers of Zn pollution in fluvial biofilms. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 80, 172–178