First Name: Seena
Name: Seena Sahadevan
Institute / University / Company: University of Coimbra
Research Unit: MARE-MARINE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES CENTRE
Address (city, state): 3004-517 Coimbra, Portugal
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
- ecosystem functioning
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest:
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest:
- plant litter decomposers
- fungi and invertebrates in freshwater
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest: Freshwater
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: NO
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5):
1. Jain, A., Kumar, S., Seena. S. 2019. Can low concentrations of metal oxide and Ag loaded metal oxide nanoparticles pose a risk to stream plant litter microbial decomposers? Science of The Total Environment 653:930-937.
2.Pradhan, A., Seena, S., Schlosser, D., Gerth, K., Helm, S., Dobritzsch, M., Krauss, G-J. Dobritzsch, D., Pascoal, C., Cássio, F. 2015. Fungi from metal-polluted streams may have high ability to cope with the oxidative stress induced by copper oxide nanoparticles. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. 34: 923-930.
3. Pradhan, A., Seena, S., Dobritzsch, D., Helm, S., Gerth, K., Dobritzsch, M., Krauss, G-J. Schlosser, D., Pascoal, C., Cássio, F. 2014. Physiological responses to nanoCuO in fungi from non-polluted and metal-polluted streams. Science of the total environment 466-467, 556-563.
4. Pradhan, A., Seena, S., Pascoal C., Cássio, F. 2012. Copper oxide nanoparticles can induce toxicity to the freshwater shredder Allogamus ligonifer. Chemosphere 89, 1142-1150.
5. Pradhan, A., Seena, S., Pascoal, C., Cássio, F. 2011. Can Metal Nanoparticles Be a Threat to Microbial Decomposers of Plant Litter in Streams? Microbial Ecology 62, 58-68.