First Name: Paola
Institute / University / Company: National Research Council
Research Unit: Water Research Institute
Address (city, state): Via Salaria km 29,300
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
molecular methods for characterizing natural microbial communities or strains with recovery capacity in contaminated ecosystems
•Xenobiotics (Pesticides, Pharmaceuticals, Biocides, PCB, metals): their environmental fate and effects on soil, surface and groundwater microbial communities
•Bioremediation and Phyto-assisted bioremediation of contaminated sites
•Environmental chemistry of the most significant elements in the biogeochemical cycles
•Vulnerability of of groundwater ecosystem and natural attenuation of contaminants
•Evaluation of the environmental risk of chemical substances in the light of the REACH
•Ecotoxicity assessment of soils conditioned with commercial foaming products used with tunnel boring machine in tunnelling
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest:
- anionic surfactants
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest:
- Bacteria involved in degradation of chemicals
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest:
- surface waters
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: YES
If yes, please tell us more about the courses (University, course level,website,etc):
- 04.04.2017-06.04.2017 “Microcokit International Training Course, Methods for detecting and quantifying aquatic microbial communities” in collaboration with EU-JRC, LGC, NTBC e MBA http://www.microcokit.eu/announcements/announcements.
- 24/3/2017 Teaching in the PhD course in Environmental and chemical Science (Università dell’Insubria, Como, IT) Training “Vecchie e nuove sfide ambientali: particolato atmosferico, contaminanti emergenti e nanomateriali” lesson: “Il ruolo delle comunità microbiche naturali nella degradazione di contaminanti emergenti”.
- 7/04/2017 Teaching in the Second level Master in “Sistemi di Qualità: GxP & ISO” 2016 – 2017, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Roma (UCSC), lesson: L’importanza della qualità della ricerca in ecotossicologia: il ruolo della SETAC, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry”.
- 15/09/2016–15/12/2016 Responsible for the traininf of two Poland students in the framework of the Project “Science for Business– implementation of high quality internships for students of the Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Sciences of Lodz University of Technology” co-financed by the European Union within the European Social Fund
- 22/10/2016 Teaching in the Second level Master in “Sistemi di Qualità: GxP & ISO” 2015 – 2016, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Roma (UCSC), per iniziativa della Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia “A. Gemelli”
- 29/10/2015 and 20/10/2016 Teaching in the university lesson “Biorimedio Fitoassistito” in the framework of the University course “Biorimedio di ambienti acquatici e terrestri contaminati” – Msc course in Ecobiology
- 27-29/05/2013 Teaching in the “Training Course Contaminated Site Remediation: Application Of Advanced Tools To Control Biological Processes”, Rome 27th – 29th May. http://www.minotaurus-project.eu/index.php?id=39
- Several lessons for students of high schools since 1996 in courses and single lessons
- 15-16/09/2005 Teaching in the Course for Regional Agencies for the environment “Nuovi sistemi di monitoraggio tramite indici globali di contaminazione delle acque sotterranee“
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5):
- Mercado-Blanco J, Abrantes I, Barra Caracciolo A, Bevivino A, Ciancio A, Grenni P, Hrynkiewicz K, Kredics L, Proença DN, 2018. Belowground Microbiota and the Health of Tree Crops. Frontiers in Microbiology 9:1006.
- Patrolecco L, Rauseo J, Ademollo N, Grenni P, Cardoni M, Levantesi C, Luprano ML, Barra Caracciolo A, 2018. Persistence of the antibiotic sulfamethoxazole in river water alone or in the co-presence of ciprofloxacin. Science of The Total Environment 640–641: 1438-1446
- Grenni P, Barra Caracciolo A, Patrolecco L, Ademollo N, Rauseo J, Saccà ML, Mingazzini M, Palumbo MT, Galli E, Muzzini V, Polcaro CM, Donati E, Lacchetti I, Di Giulio A, Gucci P, Beccaloni E, Mininni G, 2018. A bioassay battery for the ecotoxicity assessment of soils conditioned with two different commercial foaming products. Ecotoxicology & Environmental Safety 148: 1067–1077.
- Di Lenola M, Barra Caracciolo A, Grenni P, Ancona V, Rauseo J, Laudicina VA, Uricchio VF, Massacci A, 2018. Effects of Apirolio addition and Alfalfa and compost treatments on the natural microbial community of a historically PCB-contaminated soil. Water Air Soil Pollut 229:143.
- Grenni P, Ancona V, Barra Caracciolo A, 2018. Ecological effects of antibiotics on natural ecosystems: a review. Microchemical Journal 136C, 25-39