First Name: Ahmed
Position: Head of the Aquatic Biofilms Group, PhD
Institute / University / Company: Eawag
Research Unit: Department of Environmental Toxicology
Address (city, state): Überlandstrasse 133, Dübendorf
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
- Aquatic Biofilms
- Fresh Waters
- Pollution-Induced Community Tolerance
- Microbial Decomposers
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest:
- Biocides and Pesticides
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest:
- Aquatic Fungi
- Aquatic Macroinvertebrates
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest: Streams & Lakes
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: YES
If yes, please tell us more about the courses (University, course level,website,etc): Ecotoxicology (EPF Lausanne, Bachelor).
Advanced Ecotoxicology (ETH Zürich, Master and PhD)
Chemistry of Aquatic systems (ETH Zürich, Bachelor).
Practical course in Molecular Ecotoxicology (ETH Zürich & Eawag, Master).
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5):
- Tlili A., Jabiol J., Behra R., Gil-Allué C. & Gessner M.O. (2017) Chronic exposure effects of silver nanoparticles on stream microbial decomposer communities and ecosystem functions. Environmental Science & Technology, doi: 10.1021/acs.est.6b05508
- Tlili A., Hollender J., Kienle C. & Behra R. (2017) Micropollutant-induced tolerance of in situ periphyton: establishing causality in wastewater-impacted streams. Water Research, 111, 185- 194
- Gessner M.O. & Tlili A. (2016) Fostering integration of freshwater ecology with ecotoxicology. Freshwater Biology, 61, 1991-2001
- Tlili A., Bérard A., Blanck H., Bouchez A., Cassio F., Eriksson K.M., et al. (2016) Pollution induced community tolerance (PICT): towards an ecologically relevant risk assessment of chemicals in aquatic systems. Freshwater Biology, 61, 2141-2151.
- Tlili A., Cornut J., Behra R., Gil-Allué C. & Gessner M.O. (2016) Harmful effects of silver nanoparticles on a complex detrital model system. Nanotoxicology, 10, 728-735