First Name: Adrian
Name: Langarica Fuentes
Position: Postdoctoral Researcher
Institute / University / Company: University of Tübingen
Research Unit: Department of Geosciences
Address (city, state): Hölderlinstr. 12, 72074, Tübingen
Please give 5 key-words showing your research / interest in Microbial Ecotoxicolgy:
- pesticide biodegradation
- microbial ecotoxicology
- omics techniques
- soil and water ecology
- catchment scale
Main kinds of contaminant(s) of interest:
- Pesticides: glyphosate, atrazine, MCPA, 2,4-D
- Nitrate-based fertilisers
Main kinds of microorganisms of interest:
Main kinds of ecosystems of interest:
- Ground water
- Surface water
Do you give courses on Microbial Ecotoxicology ?: NO
Most relevant articles in the field of Microbial Ecotoxicology (max.5):
- Langarica-Fuentes A, Manrubia M, Giles ME, Mitchell SM, Daniell TJ (2018). “Effect of model root exudate on denitrifier community dynamics and activity at different water-filled pore space levels in a fertilised soil”. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 120: 70-79.
- Gulden RH, Tenuta M, Mitchell SM, Langarica-Fuentes A, Daniell TJ (2015). “Preceding crop and weed management history affect denitrification and denitrifier community structure throughout the development of durum wheat”. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 212: 49-63.
- Zafar U, Nzeram P, Langarica-Fuentes A, Houlden A, Heyworth A, Saiani A, Robson GD (2014). “Biodegradation of polyester polyurethane during commercial composting and analysis of associated fungal communities”. Bioresource Technology, 158: 374-377.
- Langarica-Fuentes A, Handley PS, Houlden A, Robson GD (2014). “An investigation of the biodiversity of thermophilic fungal species in composts using culture-based and molecular techniques”. Fungal Ecology, 11: 132-144.